Bonjour From France

Bonjour From France

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Learning Geography Of Names

After searching this website with several names, I learned a lot and found many interesting things. My name is uniquely spelled and I only know of two people in the United States that share the same similar spelling of my name.

My parents picked this name because it is Irish and I was born two days before St. Patrick’s Day. I was also told that my name means dark hair and I got this name because I was born with a full head of black hair. Up until this point, that was the extent of the knowledge I had know about my name. This website expanded my knowledge and allowed me to learn new things about my name.

I also learned from this website that I my name is rooted in the African culture group and derives from the Yoruba language. I have never even heard of the Yoruba language. I did some research on this language and this language is a dialect continuum of West Africa. This language has over 25 million speakers and is spoken among other languages.

Carrie is a very common name but there are many different ways to spell it. I grew up in grade school with three Carries and we all spelled it a different way. Also since I have only have heard of two people who spell my name the way I do, there must not be many Kerri’s in the United States. After researching this website, that idea was confirmed. The United States only has a 0.14 FPM for the name Kerri. The top country for the spelling Kerri is Luxembourg followed by France, Italy, and the United Kingdom. Also the top city with the name Kerri is in Canada.

This website gave me hope that other than the famous gymnast Kerri Strug, there are other people out in the world who share the spelling of Kerri as their name. This website was really interesting and it allowed me to learn a lot more about my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment


My family on vacation in California

The view from our hotel

The Crooked Street

The Elephant Seals